Blog a la Pibil

"Blog a la Pibil" was born in Mexico, and was originally based on the adventures of Josue and Lupita, who were traveling in Mexico for two months. This blog is now a continuation of the life of Lupita, who has been restored to her life as a mere mortal in Los Angeles.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Back in the USA

Unbelievable. After two months abroad, I am now in Chicago visiting family and a new baby and my extremely pregnant sister, and Lupita is back in Los Angeles for a wedding and the start of work. Some may say a week apart for a co-dependent couple after 2 solid months is a good idea. But I can already tell you this. Your life is different when you're taking time off to travel in a foreign country, and immeasurably better for it. My only regret is that we didn't have more time abroad together.

Most of the friends I have would say worklife in the United States, Mexico and Europe is all consuming. And one week or two weeks of vacation is not enough time for you to not just rest, but also to begin to remember all the talents and attributes that make you a whole person. Or to eat enough tacos de lengua. So many of the other expatriates that we met on the road were taking long periods of time off, from two months to a year, to escape lives that had become overly focused on making money for themselves and their companies, or advancing their careers. The lessons are obvious, I hope, from our blog.

As last blog act, as soon as I get back to LA, I'm going to post a final phot of Jose (Pepe), who made everything possible for our first month in Guadalajara, and who knows something about taking a risk on a foreign country (in his case, Germany).

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Basket said...

Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

Merci pour est un bon blogger.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Thanks for you visit said...

Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home