Blog a la Pibil

"Blog a la Pibil" was born in Mexico, and was originally based on the adventures of Josue and Lupita, who were traveling in Mexico for two months. This blog is now a continuation of the life of Lupita, who has been restored to her life as a mere mortal in Los Angeles.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

With Every Wish There Comes A Curse

Back when I was in nivel uno (level one), I sometimes wished the the enfermeras would go back to Texas because they didn't know what a sustantivo (noun) was. Well, my wish has come true - the nurses went home, and I am now the only student in nivel tres. This has its advantages - I get five hours of private tutoring per day for the price of a regular class. But it also has its disadvantages - I always have to do my tarea (homework) and I always have to be on time. And awake. This week, I learned the past tense, the imperfect, the imperative, direct object pronouns, and more irregular verb conjugations than you can possibly imagine. Whether any of this will actually stick inside my poor little brain is yet to be seen.

Some highlights of the week: On Wednesday morning, my companera de conversacion took me to her favorite joint for carne asada and frijoles. The meal was delicious, although eating steak and beans first thing in the morning is not, apparently, an optimal arrangement for my stomach. Tonight, we went to see Batman, which was surprisingly above average, followed by tacos at Don Luis, and chess at Cafe Lulia. The tacos I had were: lengua (tongue), pastor (kind of like a gyro), and chorizo (sausage). Hopefully, my dreams tonight will not be la revancha de las vacas. -- LT

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous mc soller said...

Was that "Batman Empieza"? A mi me gusto mucho.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Lupita said...

Actually, it was "Batman Ignicio." Good guess, Miguelito.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home