Blog a la Pibil

"Blog a la Pibil" was born in Mexico, and was originally based on the adventures of Josue and Lupita, who were traveling in Mexico for two months. This blog is now a continuation of the life of Lupita, who has been restored to her life as a mere mortal in Los Angeles.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Examen!

I've taken a break from blogging this week to try to kick my Spanish into high gear. I'm coming to the end of nivel 1-2, the beginner Spanish course, and my big test is tomorrow. If I pass, I advance to nivel 3-4, which is equivalent to advanced beginner. I now know a huge variety of verbs -- all in the present tense and mostly regular -- and the essential nouns: body parts, family members, food. (I walk around the house saying things like, "Put your foot on my aunt's potatoes!" or "The chicken chats with the mother of my ankle.")

I have a conversation partner, Libertad, and I've met with her three times so far. She's an English student here in Guadalajara, and we spend the first hour speaking Spanish and the second hour speaking English. She knows a little more English than I know Spanish, so our conversations are fairly painful. Thus far, I have learned only the present tense, so most of our conversations are about things that are happening RIGHT NOW. We joke that we are really living in the moment, carpe diem and all that stuff. Hopefully, I'll pass my test tomorrow and advance to nivel 3-4, so I can learn past tense and tell Libertad about some of the things that happened to me before today.

After the exam, Josh and I are going to Punta de Mita, a beach just north of Puerto Vallarta. We are going with two of Josh's classmates and their respective girlfriends. I have no doubt that you will be seeing many pictures of Punta de Mita next Tuesday, when we get back.

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Flipsycab said...

Andale, chiquitita!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home