Blog a la Pibil

"Blog a la Pibil" was born in Mexico, and was originally based on the adventures of Josue and Lupita, who were traveling in Mexico for two months. This blog is now a continuation of the life of Lupita, who has been restored to her life as a mere mortal in Los Angeles.

Friday, June 10, 2005

¬°Adios nivel uno!

I just finished my examen for nivel uno (level one). I feel pretty good about the test, and am pretty sure I'll be advancing to the next level. Saying goodbye to my classmates was sad. The nurses are headed back to Texas ("Tay-has" in espanol) after hitting the beach this weekend. Two of my classmates, Dominic and Nadine, are from Australia and are traveling around the Americas for about two years. Obviously, they are excellent planners and budgeters (is that even a word?). They were in Canada for a few months skiing and whatnot before coming to Mexico. After Guadalajara, they are going to Mexico City, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Cancun, then to Belize and Cuba. I forget what comes after that..... In any case, Dom and Nadine are very inspiring. They are in their mid-to-late-twenties, and saved up money for the past five years to do this trip. They gave up their car and apartment in Perth and took off. If they can do it, anyone can, right?

Vamos a la playa!

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger the stranger said...

I assume candid snapshots of the nurses will be forthcoming?

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger the stranger said...

RE "very inspiring": I'm crying right now. Really. Crying. Two questions: If the Australian travel ratio is 5:2, what is the American travel ratio? And if I sold my house, how long could J and I travel before our WORLD FELL IN? Thoughts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home